Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lightning Meets Dust

When I want to be reminded of walks at night Downtown, Vancouver Lightning Dust aspire to bring quirky pop ballads to bask in the Vancouverness of us all. I discovered this band through various Myspace accounts. Former members of Black Mountain, I found a liking to this new sound. Mellow and light, like a freshly squeezed lemon. Zestful.

Amber's voice reminds me of Neko Cases' Fox Confessor Brings The Flood. Imagine "Hold On, Hold On's" power vocals, with a gentler guitar melody and overlapped vocals. Lightning Dust.



In "Antonia Jane" Amber Webber sings:

"Did you ever come close to home
Riding the tide of the super one
Did you just want the ribbon and goals
Never fall back to the one you love"

"But I declare a war on you
Someday soon"

Romantic. Isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment