Friday, December 25, 2009

Eno & Byrne In A Green World

Brian Eno and David Bryne

This is a group of musicians consisting of legends and artists.
I found their album Another Green World (1975) was particularly special to me.
Their songs reveal a sentiment that made me feel something that I never knew was there.
In songs that had no lyrics and no vocals or presence of a persons voice.
I found an incredible emotional attachment in songs with sounds.
These sounds related to me to be universal.
Lyrics didn't need to be present to be determinant of a particular emotion or situation.
Our emotional values held within these songs don't need validity with evidence and proof.
The moment where I felt an incredible rush of sadness when listening to The Big Ship made me realize the ability of song and sounds to be placed in a place where we need it most.
In th case of when I was listening to The Big Ship, I suppose my mind and my body was telling me I needed the song to be my hearts sentiments.

Brian Eno & David Byrne - The Big Ship

No comments:

Post a Comment