Sunday, September 26, 2010

Something To Look For.

Antony and the Johnsons new record will be out October 12th, SWANLIGHTS.
Tracklisting:
1. Everything Is New
2. The Great White Ocean
3. Ghost
4. I'm In Love
5. Violetta
6. Swanlights
7. The Spirit Was Gone
8. Thank You For Your Love
9. Fietta (a duet with Bjork)
10. Salt Silver Oxygen
11. Christina's Farm

The Special Edition "Swanlights" will include the CD inside a 144 page hardcover book containing Antony's paintings, and artwork... I really want this.

He also released a five-track EP "Thank You For Your Love," I picked it up a few weeks ago, it's gorgeous and I am so excited to hear his full-length in October.
1. Thank You For Your Love
2. You Are The Treasure
3. My Lord The Love
4. Pressing On
5. Imagine

What is also so gorgeous about this EP is that it features photographs of Antony when he first arrived in New York as a teenager in the early 90's.

Thank You For Your Love - Antony and the Johnsons (This video contains footage that Antony shot when he arrived in New York City in the 90's)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CocoRosie played a Daytrotter Sessions in August and it has become one of my favourites. So beautiful and strange, yet wonderful and magical. Their contrasting voices melt perfectly together and their eclectic instrumentation creates a musical world unlike any other. I think they are Brilliant. I hope you will too.
--------------------------------------
The Moon Asked the Crow
Fatherhood (Unreleased)
R.I.P Burn Face
Lemonade
Fairy Paradise -- (So Good)
DAYTROTTER

I have talked about CocoRosie endlessly to anyone who would listen to me rave about their music. I think this session is perfect in introducing new listeners to their music. At the core, it's really their music that makes them so unique... or maybe it is who they are as artists, performers, musicians and fairy hunters. I find their entire persona, character, music so interesting and inspiring. If I were brave I would assemble myself to be somewhat outrageous. Whether it be through clothing attire or make-up, speech or expression. I think CocoRosie have in their own way perfected that for themselves.
Until then I can only feign courage by wearing something like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carrie Brownstein's new band WILD FLAG.
Along with former Sleater Kinney drummer Janet Weiss, Mary Timony, and Rebecca Cole. We can expect an album out early next year.
Facebook them HERE

Also, to prepare ourselves for Wild Flag I suggest you go NPR.ORG and listen to the live Sleater Kinney concert, they performed at the 9:30 Club in Washington D.C, this was recorded on August 3rd of 2006.
They played for nearly 2 hours... I can only wish that I could have been there. Listening to it now, I can only describe it as epically dirty. Which means it's something everyone should have a listen to. Close your eyes... and have your own little air guitar-drumming session right there in your bedroom. Go Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment