Sunday, August 15, 2010

Soko

Her name is Soko. Find her here MYSPACE
She is a French singer and actor.
Her voice reminds me of a child, mixed with Joanna Newsom tendencies.
I remember last summer... when her song I'll Kill her (I'll Keel Her) became my iPod anthem.
I love her accent when she sings, speaks; lulling the listener with her twisted and quirky stories.
As childlike as her voice is, her songs usually deal with pretty serious and heavy topics. As emotionally filling the songs may be with anger and rage, there are such sweet sentiments littered in her songs. It's endearing. Who can't relate to loss of a love?
I'll Kill Her specifically talking about how her prospective lover won't have her, but chooses a "bitch" over her, so she inflects that she'll "kill her". Good riddance, he wasn't worth it anyhow.

Soko - I'll Kill Her (Live)

No comments:

Post a Comment