Saturday, August 14, 2010

Be Like MEN?

I am a biological female. Girl, Lady, Chick, what have you.
I find myself drawn to music that in one way or another involves musicians who are female as well. I don't do this consciously, but when I look into my CD collection, or my iTunes, I find an abundant of artists, musicians, singer/songwriters who happen to be well... female.
This is not to say I don't appreciate music made by men. So when I discovered this band called MEN some time around their emergence into the music scene last year, with JD Samson of Le Tigre I thought to myself, what a perfect balance of male and female. Just have someone who well embodies both genders. I love it.
MEN MYSPACE
Introducing: Ginger Brooks Takahashi, JD Samson, and Michael O'Neill
Together they are a Brooklyn-based band whose dance music embodies the aspects of performance art, radical politics, sexual fluidity as well as bringing to their show an essence of live music mixed with a real art show.

Their music is also brilliant. Go take a listen. And listen again, and again, and again.
Then go buy a ticket to their show in your city.
They are coming to Vancouver's The Media Club on September 9th.... and I am not of age, being just one month away from the legal age is upsetting me, inside. It's frustrating to know that I can't go. BUT don't think that I won't be dancing in my room to tracks by MEN that night and maybe every night until then, because I will.
Feet shuffling, arms waving, body rolling ensues.

Men - Be Like This

I dare you to listen and try not to dance. Go Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment