Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lazy Eyes

Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye


"I've been waiting,
I've been waiting all my life
But it's not quite right."


The first time I saw this video in 2007, I loved it immediately. It became my favourite to watch and to listen to. This band was new to me and they had just began to surface as a band with prominent music videos on rotation on "The Wedge." The only music show I watched on TV, aside from Going Coastal... whatever happened to that show? It was the only channel that featured artists and musicians I listened to. Religiously I would watch the Wedge, and Going Coastal. I loved them.

Their 2007 release "Swoon" was filled with remedies for love. Fantastic. Their 2009 release "Carnavas" revealed a more aggressive, perhaps forward and bold sound. Reflecting in their lyrics and guitars and drums.
Panic Switch
is a favourite off of Carnavas.
"Lazy Eye", the dark lights in this video brought a hue of bold, warm reds and dark innuendos. Blurs of bodies of teens dancing to a song about longing. It reminded me of night time. Specifically when the sun was just setting. The song itself to me screamed "LISTEN TO ME!" yet it was subtle and shy.
The video features a cute young girl in a leather jacket with a boys haircut. She is enjoying the music, all the while glancing behind her at the door in search of someone. It turns out she had been waiting for a boy with shoulder length golden locks. Handsome. They dance at a distance and make quick and shy eyes at each other through the dancing adolescent bodies between them. (hence, "lazy eye").
I LOVE this video.
It makes me feel nostalgic and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment