Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fight Your Consciousness

I decided to take a nap in the afternoon.
This was right after I had read article after article about the devastation in Haiti.
Because as a human who relates things back to myself.
I thought about how sad and lost I would feel if something horrible were to happen to my family and the people I knew.
I went to sleep with terrible images of destruction encircling life on Earth, and the world around me coming to an end...
Basically an Armageddon type situation.
---------------------------------------------------------
I quickly realised that my brain and consciousness is powerful enough to trap me inside my twisted thoughts of fear and hopelessnes.
I dreamed that I had woken up and the my windows were opened wide. My curtains torn. Like the wind had forced them open.
The SPICE GIRLS were playing on my laptop. It was so loud, that I found it hard to think. Something about the lighting in my room seemed off. I forced my windows shut and walked outside to see that the walls were brightly lit and there was a collage of blurred images on the walls. My brothers room wasn't there.
I then realized that I had in fact NOT woken. I am still in my trapped consciousness.
My dream self promptly then just back into bed
====================================================================

I then went on to fight with myself to WAKE UP.
My mind and brain wouldn't let me. My muscles seemed frozen and when I forced myself to move, I moved in spasms.
I feared that I may wake up paralyzed.
My eyes were open enough so that I could see that my lights were on. I just couldn't wake up.
I spent what seemed like 10 minutes fighting my consciousness to wake up.
And in the dream I was watching myself. Like a hovering ghost above my sleeping, fighting, body I watched myself fight to wake up.
I finally eventually did wake up and ran to make sure my brother was alive.

I realized that destruction that people face around this world can effect us all. And that our minds are a lot stronger that we may think so.
I just had a fight with my consciousness to will myself to wake up. That is a scary thought.
... No more afternoon naps for me. Ever.

Oh yes. HAITI. Donate what you can here: 1 877 514 2484 (HAITI)

No comments:

Post a Comment