Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lets Discuss Radio Music

When Akon's single "I Wanna Fuck (Love) You" was first released I was so morbidly disappointed that a song about a man's desires and venture to Fuck a stripper would be played on the radio. The word, meaning, action of Fuck was replaced by the word Love. Suddenly we, radio listeners are subjected to a song originally written with such misogynistic intentions and sexual innuendos demeaning women into the roles of the sexually preyed on, used, perhaps abused. Lets not even venture too far into the possible truths and falsities the song describes.
----------------------
Relieved that I happen to be someone that doesn't frequent the radio dials. When I discovered Cocorosie's song "Make My Own Way" or "You Wanna Fuck Me" as a sort of response to Akon's song. Instead this song is from the perspective of the "stripper", woman.

You see me trying to smile up on this pole/ But I'm just hiding the pain that’s deep in my soul/ You wanna fuck me/ And I already know/ You wanna fuck me and toss me back on the floor

Simon, my brother, said 'i loved her'/ Should I say that he loved me/ I was in second grade, he was fourteen/ In the shady of the trees/ There was a summer breeze/ Whole thing's a blurry dream/ Behind the house quiet as a mouse/ He told me not to even breathe/ A secret hard to keep/ I didn't know till thirteen/ By then I knew what to do/ Just an old routine/ All the boys had a thing for me

You see me trying to smile up on this pole/ But I'm just hiding the pain that’s deep in my soul/ You wanna fuck me/ And I already know/ You wanna fuck me and toss me back on the floor

My mama always said 'you're the brightest star'/ In life, you're sure to go so far/ Been at this club about four years/ Hooked on dope, crying in the mirror/ When we were just little girls/ We learned to dance in mama’s pearls/ Baby bend over and shake that ass/ Hey, you wanna come home with me/ Hoping you fall in love with me/ I could make love to you for free/ We could just get a place and start a life/ And try to make things right.

You see me trying to smile up on this pole/ But I'm just hiding the pain that’s deep in my soul/ You wanna fuck me/ And I already know/ You wanna fuck me and toss me back on the floor

Cocorosie - You Wanna Fuck Me (Make My Own Way) Live

No comments:

Post a Comment