Friday, April 15, 2011

George Stroumboulolpoulos Tonight.

IMAGE HERE
April 11th, 2011
CBC Vancouver Studios
I was lucky enough to attend a taping of his show George Stroumboulolpoulos Tonight in Vancouver.
The first time I went last May I sat front row, meters away from the stage.
This time around I took a different approach and sat up in the audience.
I could see everything that you don't see on camera.
A behind-the-scenes look at how a talk-show is produced and run.
Interesting to say the least.
I find George to be incredibly intelligent and I love hearing him speak.

You can watch the episode aired that night April 11th here STROMBO

Some interesting things I learned about George that night.
- His favourite interview is with Woody Harrelson "If you want to go to those dark places, I'm right there with ya..."
- When asked about his goals -- His life's mantra "I don't believe in goals, I live in the now"
"...Waking up is you succeeding at life"
- Had an epiphany with Bill Nye the Science Guy when he said "There is no nothing."
- Has no interest in politics. --(it's a shame I think he'd be a refreshing new character.)
- Speaks two languages, "Profanity and English" "Profanity is his first language"
- Has an N.W.A ring-tone, and it went off in a flower shop spittin' profanities.
- His mom calls his Bucky.
- He's in a movie called "Hobo With a Shotgun" and he dies a horrible death at the end by way of hockey stick through the chest. The 'blood' was ice cold.
- Led Zepplin will always be the best rock music out there.
- Rap nowadays is 'escapism' rap -- nonsensical and unrealistic.
- One of his favourite live shows was a Rancid/Ramones concert where someone 'moshed' on his ankle -- but he stayed for the music.
- His inspirations are an amalgamation of Joe Strummer, Chucky D and George Carlin
- He thinks Canadian politics should focus on Health Care, Economy, Environment and Foreign Policy.... not necessarily in that order.
- ALSO.
And this I find the most interesting, he landed his job as a radio host and media personality by accident, he picked up the phone and they needed someone to cover some air time.
- "Some hard work and a whole lot of luck" got him where he is today.
- He will always be one of my favourite MuchMusic VJ's and now my favourite TV host.

No comments:

Post a Comment