Monday, February 28, 2011

Can You Spare Some Time To Listen?

Today is an exciting day for new music... Well I think it is, and maybe you will too.



Did you know that Beth Ditto front-woman of Gossip is releasing a solo EP, produced by Simian Mobile Disco? Above is a link to an interview with Beth at Triple J, an Australian Radio Station. --- Oh, the great lengths I go to to find out about my favourite music.

I love this song.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a link to an NPR interview with Jack White, NPR: Flipside --- this is Part One to a series of weekly interviews with White. Check back next week for another interview.
I've been a casual listener of his projects and find him to be really, quite intelligent. He is a busy man with his many ongoing projects, be it, Third Man Records (his record label and store), upholstery or one of his many bands.
Photo from Third Man Records


----------------------------------------------

Fences has been a current favourite of mine and this is a Shoot The Player Session Featuring Sara Quin
Fences - My Girl The Horse (Ft. Sara Quin)

Fences: My Girl The Horse (feat. Sara Quin) from shoottheplayer.com on Vimeo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jessica 6 is the musical project of Nomi Ruiz (formerly of Hercules and Love Affair) and co., I love her disco-esque sound.
(I dance to this song often)

Jessica 6 - White Horse (Music Video)

Visit Jessica 6's Website
This is a pretty interesting interview with Nomi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lykke Li is someone who plays with vocals, instrumentation, sounds and rhythms. I love her quirky and sentimental songs. This is her single from her newest album "Wounded Rhymes".

Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers (TheLineOfBestFit Session)

Lykke Li: 'I Follow Rivers' from The Line Of Best Fit on Vimeo.

Great Vocals!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned Soko, a long while back in one of my first few posts on this blog.
She's cute, I love her accent. She's quirky and she doesn't seem to have a verbal filter.
Her songs sound like she is sing-speaking from her personal journal, usually consisting of the "fuck you for breaking up with me" variety.

Soko - It's Not Going To Work (Shoot The Player Session)

Soko: It's Not Going To Work from shoottheplayer.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment