Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pirate Heart Snagged

I went and saw Coeur de Pirate at Livecity Yaletown yesterday, February 20th, 2010.
I've been waiting to see her live for months, ever since I discovered her music. I waited front row center for what seemed like an eternity, realistically I was squashed between The Sam Roberts Band fans and The Arkells fans. I however am NOT a frequent listener of either of them.
But I endured the body heat of body odour sweat, marijuana smelling and alcohol induced crowd.
6 hours of being still in anxious anticipation for Beatrice Martin to finally grace the stage.
I felt a little embarrassed of the crowd when Beatrice took stage.
WHOSE idea was it to put her in-between two "indie rock bands" that cater to the typical bearded mid-20's male?
Shame shame. Regardless of the assholes who threw their bottles on stage and shouted rude obscenities at her.
She held her own with her melodic songs. I am hoping that Coeur de Pirate will eventually come back to Vancouver to play a proper show in a venue. Maybe the Vogue Theatre?
Here's great francophone pop music. Really this is me just wishing I lived in Montreal, Quebec.

The 7 hours of wait, the frozen toes, needle-pinned legs, the accumulation of bad odours, the obnoxious male counterparts... All was capped off perfectly with Coeur de Pirate.
Left afterwards. Enough shenanigans for one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment